I want to do a lot. I want to do everything. There is no possible way I can do all of the things I want. Some of these are things I cannot do until Cataclysm, or do not want to do until Cataclysm.
- I want to have a level 80 of each healing class.
- I want to have one of every profession maxed.
- I want to have a dwarf.
- I want to have a gnome.
- I want to have a goblin.
- I want to have a worgen.
- I want to have a mage.
- I want to have a rogue.
- I want to try the warlock class all over again.
- I want to try the warrior class all over again.
- I want to try the death knight class all over again.
- I want to level a paladin tank through LFD as tank only.
- I want to level a druid tank through LFD as tank only.
- I want to have a character dedicated to PvP.
- I want to actually have a level 80 horde toon.
- I still want to explore roleplaying on an RP realm.
- I still want to raid on Ama and maybe eventually on Viva.
- I want to kill the Lich King before Cataclysm is released.
I want all of that, and I have more ideas every day, but those are the bulk of my desires. I’ll never be able to do them all. I don’t even know where to begin. I think this is why I end up creating and deleting so many low level alts. I am the kind of person who has to focus on a toon in order to really learn how to play them. If they get shelved I tend to forget how to play them.
I never know where to begin when I get overwhelmed by my desires. The things that I want are far too many. There will never be enough time, nor enough character slots on my preferred realm.
I should just focus on Ama and Viva. That’s what I had been doing, but as always happens with me, I grow restless. I want something more. I want something different. I thrive on change, and too much of the same things over and over makes me feel like quitting the game, even though there is still soooo much I want to do.
There are some days when I feel like I want to start all over from scratch. Delete all (yes, I mean it, ALL) of my characters. Start with a plan of race and class combinations, and methodically make my way through leveling each one up. Once they are all 80, decide which I enjoy the most, and focus on that one for raiding.
I won’t do that. It’s too hard to delete characters that are above level 40 (and not DKs). I struggled beyond belief when I deleted Ashelyth, my level 48 warrior on Ysera. I couldn’t bring myself to delete Ashwynn, and transferred her off of Ysera to Cairne.
I can’t start fresh without deleting, because I will just go back to Ama. I don’t know if it is truly that I love Ama and love playing the priest class, or if I am just stuck because she was my first to reach level cap, she was my first raider, she will always be the first one to be raid ready. She’s a privileged little princess.
My bestfriend asked me why I’ve been avoiding the game, and at the time I couldn’t put all of this into words. Well, here’s the answer. Kind of leaves us with more questions than answers though.
TLDR: I’m lost.